Do a 20-minute decluttering sweep of your entryway area.
Enamel Look ceramic Coffee Pot.
Click here to learn more.
We did this on Monday with the living room, but here’s a recap of how a room sweep works: Set a timer for 20 minutes and head to your entryway area. Be it a foyer, mudroom, counter, console, or wall area—you're targeting whatever room or spot in your home that acts as a reception when you come home each day. You may also want to grab a laundry basket or a box or something similar. If 20 minutes feels like more time than you need, feel free to set your timer for 10 minutes, or whatever feels right to you.
WHERE TO LOOK:
- console table tops
- inside cubbies or baskets
- hooks and coat racks
- the coat closet
- inside your totes and bags
WHAT TO LOOK FOR:
- backpacks, handbags and purses
- shoes and boots
- coats and jackets
- scarves, gloves, and hats
- sunglasses and sunglass cases
- commuter cards and other gear
- bike helmets and bike locks
- other sporting gear
- old mail
- matches and lighters
- extra keys
- cords and phone chargers
- makeup and hair accessories
- plant care supplies
- leashes and other pet supplies
- things waiting to be taken away or returned
- things you dropped there on your way in
- any other trash
Don't forget to clear 3 things from your monster zone.